Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mingling with the KCWC crowd: Frederieke aka Effie Maakt

As i said in my previous post, This is my 3rd KCWC. There are numerous reoccurring 'faces' there in the pool. People who for one week every six months share your destiny of sleepless nights, messy house and pizza eating family. So I decided to mingle. I decided to ask some of them a few questions.

Meet Frederieke from Effie maakt - I love her sewing and I am always utterly jealous of her fabric selection.

Why do you KCWC? (Yes, for me KCWC is a verb)

I love sewing and I love sewing kids clothes. But I am not in any sewing class so twice a year it is so nice (virtually) to sew with others. It bring me inspiration and stimulus to go on and finish what I started. I like looking at all the different creations and all the different fabric combinations. Also I made some blog friends thanks to KCWC

How many times did you participate till now?

I think this is my third KCWC. I started in autumn 2011, then spring 2012 and now autumn 2012

Where you ever featured om Elsie Marley blog during the challenge?
I was featured twice. First in autumn 2011 with my dog sweater  and then in spring 2012 with pants from hand painted denim. Especially the first time I was featured I was so very proud of myself .

Favorite KCWC project you’ve done!
It is very hard to name one favorite. Not that I am ever really, really, profoundly, satisfied with the way my clothes turn out. But if I have to choose I think I like the dog sweater best. And it was well worn last winter and maybe my daughter can still wear it part of this season. But I also like the monster leather slippers, my first entry of this year’s KCWC.

Who do you sew for?
Mostly I sew for my kids. But I am making more and more clothes for myself too, especially dresses, shirts and skirts. The reason I started sewing kids clothes is that is really hard to find nice, colourful, comfortable clothes at affordable prices. I sew a lot of knits: jersey, knitted velour and stretch terry cloth. Furthermore I sometimes sew for little friends, little neighbours, nephews and nieces for their birthdays. 

Do you have favorites among the participants? Someone whose project you can't wait to see the next day?
I really love the clothes from Trula kids, Cirque du bebe, Pandielleando and Sew An. But there are so many beautiful participants in KCWC !

Thank you Frederieke. Looking forward to you next project!

No comments:

Post a Comment